Advices on CAPE-OPEN Unit Operation interfaces

Discusses the CAPE-OPEN interface specification for Unit Operations, the part common to steady-state and dynamic Unit Operations.

Advices on CAPE-OPEN Unit Operation interfaces

Postby bcbooo » 27 August 2014, 07:20

When I am developing Unit Operations, I find the Unit Operation interfaces can't fill what I need. For example, the "reset" and "process input changed after last calculation". I prefer Colan adds these two functions on the "ICapeUnit" interface.

(1) "Reset" function.

After a calculation, Simulator could reset all the parameters back to the initial state, and clear all the temperal variables through "Reset" function.

(2) "GetInputValueChanged" function.

There will be a BOOL variable named "valueHaveChanged" in the Unit Operation. After a calculation, valueHaveChanged will be set FALSE. Any change of parameter will turn valueHaveChanged into TRUE. And simulator could get this indication through GetInputValueChanged, then shows "input have changed" tip to the user.
bcbooo

Re: Advices on CAPE-OPEN Unit Operation interfaces

Postby jasper » 27 August 2014, 07:36

1) would it suffice to simply call Reset on each parameter?

2) this is simple to implement on the PME side. Just store the values, and compare to the stored values.
jasper

Postby jasper » 27 August 2014, 07:37

Note that the rules on Input parameters are that they should not change as part of a calculation. Output and Input/Output parameters can change.
jasper

Postby bcbooo » 27 August 2014, 07:45

Thank you Jasper!
bcbooo

Return to Unit Operations v1.0