Publication of simulation results

Discusses use of COCO, the process simulation and modelling software suite from AmsterCHEM, downloadable from http://www.cocosimulator.org

Moderator: jasper

Publication of simulation results

Postby shoaibjadoon » 08 November 2014, 13:04

Dear Jasper,
I want to pose a question to your excellence, this is about my cases that I have solved in COCO in my M.Sc research, those cases involved alcoholic separations (separation of methanol from water, and separation of bio-ethanol from water that comes from fermentor in to the distillation column).
these results (my supervisor as well as the editorial board of Chinese Journal of Chemical Engineering state that they suit more with educational aspects /learning aspects of process simulation, and must be published in educational journal).
what do you think about journal choice for publication of simulation results in coco ??? is it possible with better writing style and presentation of results to publish it even though the novelty aspect is not that much strong in my work as you know there's no novelty in the simulation results most of the times, the researcher has to perform simulations in a new software, learn it and do the desired work to get desired results but the challenger oppose it with this claim of novelty issue!!!
regards,
Muhammad Shoaib
shoaibjadoon

Re: Publication of simulation results

Postby jasper » 08 November 2014, 21:48

I suppose your assessment is correct. For validated and interesting flowsheet simulations there is always a place on the COCO web site itself of course.

If the flowsheet demonstrates the use of CAPE-OPEN, perhaps the annual CAPE-OPEN meetings would be a good place for a demonstration.

Why do you not take your research a step further and try to come up with an improvement on existing commercial designs?
jasper

Return to COCO (AmsterCHEM)