COCO FixedConvertionReactor in Aspen HYSYS

Moderator: jasper

COCO FixedConvertionReactor in Aspen HYSYS

Postby chouaibbougrinat » 19 April 2017, 18:29

Hello,
I use COCO Fixed Conversion Reactor inside an Aspen HYSYS flowsheet. when i connect ports i show warning (A reaction package has not been selected) and when i go to the gui to add a reaction he said to me ( A reaction package has not yet been assigned to this reactor. For reaction options to show. please go back to the a simulator. and assign a reaction package to this reactor first.)
Any Help. How I do this
chouaibbougrinat

Re: COCO FixedConvertionReactor in Aspen HYSYS

Postby jasper » 21 April 2017, 12:55

It will not be possible to use this unit in Aspen HYSYS as these units require a reaction package.

Reaction packages are not widely supported. A new CAPE-OPEN reaction standard is in the making. I have hopes that after this reactions will be supported more widely.

All reactors in COUSCOUS, with the exception of the Gibbs reactor, require a reaction package.
jasper

Re: COCO FixedConvertionReactor in Aspen HYSYS

Postby chouaibbougrinat » 21 April 2017, 17:43

jasper wrote:It will not be possible to use this unit in Aspen HYSYS as these units require a reaction package.

Reaction packages are not widely supported. A new CAPE-OPEN reaction standard is in the making. I have hopes that after this reactions will be supported more widely.

All reactors in COUSCOUS, with the exception of the Gibbs reactor, require a reaction package.

Thanks!
chouaibbougrinat

Return to COUSCOUS Unit Operations (AmsterCHEM)