how to get the ICapeThermoMaterialTemplate Interface

Re: how to get the ICapeThermoMaterialTemplate Interface

Postby jasper » 10 July 2013, 07:28

Did you resolve the problem?
jasper

Re: how to get the ICapeThermoMaterialTemplate Interface

Postby bcbooo » 12 August 2013, 01:55

jasper wrote:Did you resolve the problem?

Oh, please forgive me for my so late response. July & August are Asia students' summer holiday.

I haven't resolved this problem. I don't think it's the matter of my code, because I tested my program under differrent environment, for example Aspen plus V7.2 & Aspen plus 2006, but they returned different results.

Aspen plus 2006 can be used to "Calculate Equilibrium", and also can be used to "Calculate Property" and "Get Property", some propertys like temperature, pressure, density,viscosity can return a numerical value, which is not zero, but other propertys return zero! So I guess It's the matter of Aspen plus 2006.

Aspen plus V7.2 is the update of the Aspen plus 2006, but it looks like less support with CAPE-OPEN. Aspen plus V7.2 can't be used to calculate equilibrium when components are too many, for example more than 10. When calculate property, It is more easily fail. It looks more fragile than Aspen plus 2006.

I haven't test it under Aspen plus V8, because recently I am busy with developing a software which used on plate tower hydraulics.

Component Property Database is the main component of Aspen plus, it survives for it's component property database. So I guess Aspen plus seems supporting CAPE-OPEN, but It takes some measures to protect the component property database, the external software is difficult to get the key propertys, especially mixture propertys.
bcbooo

Previous

Return to Thermodynamic components