Question on the CreateMaterialTemplate in Thermo 1.1

Question on the CreateMaterialTemplate in Thermo 1.1

Postby bcbooo » 05 August 2014, 07:40

In the "Simulation Context COSE Interface", the interface of ICapeMaterialTemplateSystem has one method named "CreateMaterialTemplate".

This method's structure is:
Code: Select all
HRESULT CreateMaterialTemplate ( [in] BSTR materialTemplateName,[out,retval] IDispatch * * MaterialTemplate );

The parameter "MaterialTemplate" is related with "ICapeThermoMaterialTemplate".

As we all know, the "ICapeThermoMaterialTemplate" belongs to Thermo 1.0. So, when I use the CreateMaterialTemplate of ICapeMaterialTemplateSystem with Thermo 1.1, what shoud I do?

Is it rational to return "ICapeThermoPropertyPackageManager" from CreateMaterialTemplate when cooperated with Thermo 1.1?
bcbooo

Re: Question on the CreateMaterialTemplate in Thermo 1.1

Postby jasper » 05 August 2014, 07:48

Not mentioning the material template system is an omission in the 1.1 specification, I think. I will report it to the thermo SIG as an item to discuss.

I think it is ok for the material template system to return a material template that creates 1.1 material objects.

However, this works only in case you support only either 1.0 or 1.1, or your support for 1.0 and 1.1 are on the same object, as there is no means to tell the material template system which thermodynamic version it should adhere to.
jasper

Return to Thermodynamic components