Failing Normalization

Discusses use of COCO, the process simulation and modelling software suite from AmsterCHEM, downloadable from http://www.cocosimulator.org

Moderator: jasper

Failing Normalization

Postby HenkF » 27 November 2014, 08:43

Dear all,
Please find attached a single stream flowsheet. It represents a fluegas composition after a burning stage. The setup contains 2 property packages: water for steam-water cycle representation (not used here) and fluegas, a small selection of components contained in a flue gas. The odd thing happening can be replayed by changing e.g. the CO2 content to 0.14, and back to the original 0.15. The overall composition adds up to 1 (100%), but COFE keeps complaining about "compositions for stream 95 are not normalized. incomplete specification for input stream 95."
Which leads to the simple question: what am I missing? Is this error repeatable?

Thanks and regards!
Henk
Attachments
BEC FG Input.fsd
Fluegas composition
(289.88 KiB) Downloaded 694 times
HenkF

Re: Failing Normalization

Postby jasper » 27 November 2014, 10:03

Thank you for reporting this; this is a compound indexing issue in the conversion of mass to mole fractions, when the compound on the MO do not match the order and count of compounds in the document.
This is fixed now, and the fix is available via CUP.
jasper

Re: Failing Normalization

Postby HenkF » 27 November 2014, 11:59

Thanks!
It also unintentionally pointed me to an error I made regarding that input. It should be in mole %.
Regards, Henk
HenkF

Return to COCO (AmsterCHEM)