using solids

Discusses use of COCO, the process simulation and modelling software suite from AmsterCHEM, downloadable from http://www.cocosimulator.org

Moderator: jasper

Re: using solids

Postby jasper » 27 October 2015, 13:43

For some reason, the solid phase has no name. This cases the combination of the Vapor-Solid phase to be called "Vapor", hence the mix-up. A phase should always have a name.

Not sure how this came about, I cannot check. I suppose with a manual renaming of the phase. I will make sure to disallow this in a next COFE build.

For now you can correct it by going into Flowsheet Settings, Phases, select the solid phase (the phase without a name), hit Rename, and call it e.g. Solid.

If you can reproduce the creation of the nameless phase (other than via a manual renaming of the phase), please let me know how.
jasper

Postby jasper » 27 October 2015, 13:45

An empty phase name from manual renaming the phase is currently already disallowed. I can reproduce the problem simply by adding a solid to a new TEA package. Investigating.
jasper

Postby jasper » 27 October 2015, 14:44

The problem has been corrected, and the fix is available from CUP. Note that you can correct existing documents by manually naming the name-less solid phase. Thank you for reporting the issue.
jasper

Postby Ronny » 28 October 2015, 00:17

Hello Jasper,

Great!!!
It is working perfectly, either by adding the phase name on old files, or by starting from zero on the newest release.

Thank you.
Ronny

Postby jasper » 28 October 2015, 08:22

Glad to hear it.
jasper

Previous

Return to COCO (AmsterCHEM)