[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
CAPE-OPEN • View topic - Example Reaction Package

Example Reaction Package

Discusses use of COCO, the process simulation and modelling software suite from AmsterCHEM, downloadable from http://www.cocosimulator.org

Moderator: jasper

Example Reaction Package

Postby nrgeng » 07 April 2013, 22:25

I am building my skill using COCO by studying reaction packages in the Help system. I was pleased to discover the Example Reaction Package in CORN. I could not load the “ReactionsExample” to my disappointment. Can you tell me what I did wrong?

After selecting Reaction Packs from the Flowsheet Configuration dialog, the Select Reaction Manager dialog appeared. I highlighted ReactionsExample then clicked Select. The Reaction Package from Default Reactions dialog opened showing only New Reaction Package. I highlighted New Reaction Package and clicked Select. A message appeared stating “Failed to create a reaction package... invalid pointer. I would like to review the example to develop my skill using COCO. Can you help?

My System Specifications: Intel CPU: 2 GHz, 2 GB RAM; 64-bit Operating System; Windows 7 SP1
Attachments
CORN Reaction Example 13 Apr 06.pdf
Example Reaction Package Problem
(192.17 KiB) Downloaded 876 times
nrgeng

Re: Example Reaction Package

Postby jasper » 08 April 2013, 07:07

"Default reactions" as shown in the image, or "ReactionExample" is not CORN. CORN shows as "CORN Reaction Pack Manager" and "Reaction package from CORN".

Can you - in the Add Reaction Package dialog - hit the little + before ReactionsExample and see what it says? The information listed here comes from the registration information.

In the same Add Reaction Package dialog you should find CORN.
jasper

Re: Example Reaction Package 2

Postby nrgeng » 10 April 2013, 12:21

-ReactionsExample
ComponentVersion = 1.0.4118.14986
Description = An example reaction package manager

Hopefully this is the information that you need to help me to access the example information.
Attachments
Reactions Example 13 Apr 10.pdf
Select Reaction Manager Dialog
(199.89 KiB) Downloaded 866 times
nrgeng

Postby wbarrett » 10 April 2013, 12:35

Hello nrgeng,

It looks like the ReactionPackage manager that you see is from the version of my class library distributed with COCO. At that time, it was only partially implemented.

Bill
wbarrett

Postby jasper » 10 April 2013, 12:45

See here for a tutorial how to set up a simulation with CORN:

The CAPE-OPEN reaction interfaces are undergoing a redesign. Once this is done and the new specification is available, it will likely be implemented by TEA such that thermo and reactions are served from the same package; this will make configuration easier. But that is all future work... and not yet available.
jasper

Postby jasper » 10 April 2013, 15:06

Also a number of example flowsheets () contain reaction packages, particularly HDA, FlowsheetingWithCOCOandChemSep, Butyl_Acetate_iecr50p1247, Cumene_iecr49p719, Methanol_iecr49p6150 and the controller examples.
jasper

Return to COCO (AmsterCHEM)