More than 1 TEA property package in a flowsheet

Discusses use of COCO, the process simulation and modelling software suite from AmsterCHEM, downloadable from http://www.cocosimulator.org

Moderator: jasper

More than 1 TEA property package in a flowsheet

Postby rhsrxs » 12 March 2014, 01:57

Can you get more than 1 TEA property package to work in a flowsheet? For example I have 2 components in which I want to use a specific thermo package and I want to use another therm package for another component in a heat exchanger service. I can create 2 TEA package but when one is set as the default the stream cannot access the other component.
rhsrxs

Re: More than 1 TEA property package in a flowsheet

Postby jasper » 12 March 2014, 08:03

The trick is to create a second material template that goes with the second property package. You can rename the default (e.g. Material Type 1) and rename the scecond one (e.g. Material Type 2) to clearly tell them apart. Each type can be associated with its own thermo package, or you can associate the two types with the same package and select a different sub set of compounds. Now you can insert a stream and change its type, or you can change the dropdown on the tool bar (that shows the material type) prior to inserting a stream.
jasper

Postby rhsrxs » 12 March 2014, 15:15

It worked. Thanks for the quick reponse and a big thanks for this software.
rhsrxs

Postby jasper » 12 March 2014, 15:45

Glad to hear that it works.
jasper

Return to COCO (AmsterCHEM)