Modifying Property Package

Discusses use of COCO, the process simulation and modelling software suite from AmsterCHEM, downloadable from http://www.cocosimulator.org

Moderator: jasper

Modifying Property Package

Postby wmconlon » 10 July 2014, 21:04

Can I modify a property package within a flow sheet?

Example:
I have a property package for use in combustion of methane in air, which includes the standard air components plus methane and water, and a methane reaction.

Now I want to explore combustion of hydrocarbon mixes, with small amounts of ethane, propane, etc.

Although I can add these components to an existing flowsheet, they don't appear in the existing streams, nor do they appear in a new stream of the re-defined type.

Is there a simple way to do this, or do I start over with a new flowsheet and configure from the start?

Thanks.
wmconlon

Re: Modifying Property Package

Postby jasper » 11 July 2014, 07:31

The components you add should simply appear. They should appear on the Compounds tab of flowsheet settings. New components should automatically be ticked on in the Material Type tab of the flowsheet settings. Mole fractions should automatically be set to zero.

If not, can you tell me exactly how to reproduce the behaviour you are seeing?
jasper

Postby wmconlon » 11 July 2014, 21:59

I have it now.

After adding a compound in the Thermo Systems and Property Packages tab, go to the Material Types tab and enable the compound.
wmconlon

Postby jasper » 12 July 2014, 06:18

Normally this happens automatically. Perhaps the compounds you added were already part of your simulation via another property package?
jasper

Return to COCO (AmsterCHEM)