[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
CAPE-OPEN • View topic - Custom Unit Stream Normalization Error

Custom Unit Stream Normalization Error

Discusses use of COCO, the process simulation and modelling software suite from AmsterCHEM, downloadable from http://www.cocosimulator.org

Moderator: jasper

Re: Custom Unit Stream Normalization Error

Postby jasper » 22 February 2015, 20:06

This looks like it might be a symptom of the same problem. Can I see the fsd?
jasper

Postby jasper » 22 February 2015, 20:08

I - I believe you have no fsd available that does not contain sensitive information.

My comments merely suggested that I could not reproduce it. As I have no clues to the nature of the problem at this point, I am not sure what to suggest next, but in general I need to be able to reproduce a problem to be able to fix it (unless for obvious coding errors).
jasper

Custom Unit Stream Normalization Error 7

Postby nrgeng » 22 February 2015, 23:18

I could email the shareable fsd file for the overall flow sheet that solved. It is structured identically as the other sensitive flow sheet. You might use it to verify the stream array element structure taking note that the last two compositions did not transfer correctly giving the "non-normalized" error. Would this fsd file be of benefit to you?
nrgeng

Postby jasper » 23 February 2015, 07:35

Does in that case the composition not transfer properly at any point? Does it allow me to reproduce the (underlying) problem?
jasper

Custom Unit Stream Normalization Error 8

Postby nrgeng » 23 February 2015, 12:46

The shareable fsd file solves so the compositions must transfer properly. The error is not reproduced in the shareable fsd file. My point was that the sub-flow sheet structure is the same. So I will accept your answer that the shareable fsd file would not be useful to you. Thought that I would give it a try since the Custom Units function in this instance.

I unraveled the sub-flow sheets in stages in what follows.

Test 1
moved sub 1 into sub 2 flow sheet
now new sub 2 flow sheet
connected streams
result was same error message as when
subs were two levels deep
see below

error: calculate failed for unit OEA Module System:
Failed to flash internal material: CalcEquilibrium failed:
Failed to wrap v1.0 CalcEquilibrium of type "TP" to v.1.1:
CalcEquilibrium failed: CalcEquilibrium failed: TP flash failed:
composition not set for one or more compounds

Test 2
moved new sub 2 into overall flow sheet
sub 1 & sub 2 are both at top level now
(no Custom Units are employed)
connected streams
No error messages
the flow sheet solved without any assistance

During this effort, I eliminated the Custom Units and successfully solved the flow sheet. I hope someone can help determine the problem(s) with the Custom Unit because I would like to use it but cannot for this flow sheet project. I will try to use the Custom Unit again in the future. Please inform me of any developments. Thanks for the help.
nrgeng

Custom Unit Stream Normalization Error 9

Postby nrgeng » 25 February 2015, 13:13

nrgeng

Postby jasper » 25 February 2015, 14:09

Does the unit that produces the non-normalized composition (in the embedded embedded flowsheet) not give an error on calculation?

What kind of a unit is it? Why does it not produce normal compositions?
jasper

Custom Unit Stream Normalization Error 10

Postby nrgeng » 26 February 2015, 01:08

nrgeng

Postby jasper » 26 February 2015, 13:48

I do not see that; both the "old" and "new" COFE seem to solve this file fine, both case 1 and case 2. But I am a bit confused, as both cases are already solved when I open the file, and it indicates in the log (when opening the file) that there was no problem solving. How do I reproduce the problem?

Also the composition for stream 15(1) is normalized.
jasper

Re: Custom Unit Stream Normalization Error 9

Postby jasper » 26 February 2015, 13:53

jasper

PreviousNext

Return to COCO (AmsterCHEM)