Loading Subflowsheet fails.

Discusses use of COCO, the process simulation and modelling software suite from AmsterCHEM, downloadable from http://www.cocosimulator.org

Moderator: jasper

Loading Subflowsheet fails.

Postby HenkF » 01 September 2015, 18:21

Dear all, dear Jasper,
Attached are 2 flowsheets: composition basis.fsd and overview.fsd. I'd like to load the 'composition basis' into the 'overview' flowsheet, but that fails.
I just played around, and (understatement) the flowsheets are far from complete, and maybe that causes the error. (A complete one loads as it used before)

Could you please have a look? To reproduce: load the 'composition base' flowsheet into the COFE flowsheet Unit in 'Overview'.

But maybe this setup is too foolish to even withstand the most complete foolproof program...

Anyway: enjoy your evening!

regards,
Henk
Last edited by HenkF on 02 September 2015, 18:00, edited 1 time in total.
HenkF

Re: Loading Subflowsheet fails.

Postby jasper » 02 September 2015, 08:19

I opened Overview, and edited the COFE unit. Then tried to import Composition Basis; this failed (sharing violation, COFE had the file open twice). Fixed. Upon import, I noticed some warnings about not understanding certain XML nodes because embedded flowsheets do not read the open views. Suppressed. These fixes are available via CUP.

However, after loading Composition Basis into Overview, saving, closing COFE, re-opening en editing the COFE unit operation, I see no information loss. Perhaps Composition Basis does not contain all the information that should be in there to begin with? There are just a few unconnected feed streams and an unconnected mixer; is this intended?
jasper

Postby HenkF » 02 September 2015, 09:16

Hi Jasper,
The flowsheet as such is an intended one. I would like to define a number of sheets that only contain the base input, in order to run some scenario's with it.
The unconnected mixer is not intended. But as it failed loading, I'd rather ask you to have a look at it.

Cheers!
Henk
HenkF

Postby jasper » 02 September 2015, 10:43

But the loading is fixed now, correct? Or do you still experience problems?
jasper

Postby HenkF » 02 September 2015, 18:01

Hi Jasper,
loading is OK. Thanks!
Regards, Henk
HenkF

Return to COCO (AmsterCHEM)