[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
CAPE-OPEN • View topic - Problems with COCO 3

Problems with COCO 3

Discusses use of COCO, the process simulation and modelling software suite from AmsterCHEM, downloadable from http://www.cocosimulator.org

Moderator: jasper

Problems with COCO 3

Postby nrgeng » 10 September 2015, 12:47

I assumed that I could switch from COCO 2 to COCO 3 without a translation time penalty. If I have to consume time translating COCO 2 fsd files for use in COCO 3, then perhaps I can save time by just continuing to use COCO 2. Why move to COCO 3? and face a translation time penalty?
nrgeng

Re: Problems with COCO 3

Postby jasper » 10 September 2015, 13:17

I have no yet found a problem with any file between COCO 2 and COCO 3. You are the first to report it. It would help if you can send me the file so that I can assess what the problem is.
jasper

Problems with COCO 3 (6)

Postby nrgeng » 10 September 2015, 15:09

OK, I now understand your position. Thanks for the explanation. I will do my best to provide you with a shareable fsd file exhibiting the translation problem. I have no idea when or if this will occur. Until then, thanks for your patience.
nrgeng

Problems with COCO 3 (7)

Postby nrgeng » 12 September 2015, 12:59

nrgeng

Postby jasper » 12 September 2015, 13:13

2) I cannot reproduce this behaviour: it should not delete the file until the new file has been succesfully saved and merely needs to be copied in place. I will need a recipe to reproduce this.

4) Black means fully specified, but unsolved. Green means solved. If the streams to do not turn green, this is a bug. Can you send me some document that reproduces this?

Also if the solution time is larger than in COCO 2 I would like to investigate. Solution time is typically considerably smaller in COCO 3. I suspect an issue with the problem statement may be at the root of it. Please also try when setting the amount of threads to 1 (Edit -> Preferences) to avoid the overhead of creating the PMCs in all threads (should not be anywhere near 22 s though) and out of memory conditions.
jasper

Re: Problems with COCO 3 (8)

Postby nrgeng » 14 September 2015, 15:32

Here is my list of problems which is to be updated periodically.
COCO 3 Problems List.jpg
COCO 3 Problems List
COCO 3 Problems List.jpg (115.92 KiB) Viewed 24304 times
nrgeng

Postby jasper » 14 September 2015, 15:35

It would really help if you can send me a document or recipe to reproduce the issues.
jasper

Problems with COCO 3 (9)

Postby nrgeng » 14 September 2015, 23:47

Hopefully the 105+ Forum members will contribute their time to provide files to use to help complete COCO 3 functionality. The members should chose an interesting problem from the list, then work with it until it can be resolved. Maybe a contest would be a good idea to interest members in participating. No reason for a few members to have all of the fun!
nrgeng

Postby jasper » 15 September 2015, 07:10

I get problem reports and functionality requests on a weekly basis. Typically with fsd or recipe to reproduce, and typically these issues are fixed within a day.

And when it comes to an update the magnitude of going from COCO 2 to COCO 3: can't make an omelet without breaking eggs. More than 10 thousand lines of new solver code. There is bound to be a few bugs in there. I fix them pretty much as fast as they are identified (and reproducible).
jasper

Postby HenkF » 15 September 2015, 08:16

Dear All,
I'm a forum member during a longer time, and contribute to it on a regular basis.
Keeping in mind this is a voluntary contribution of Jasper to all of us, I want to thank Jasper for this once again.
Jasper, keep up the good work!

For a while however I am pretty much annoyed and struck by the rude and demanding way nrgeng is complaining about a free and in my opinion excellent program, and the swift way Jasper is still trying to solve all of his (and our) issues.

So: nrgeng: please behave, and provide Jasper with the reasonable things he is asking. Or otherwise: stop using the program and pay for a commercial product.

Thanks,
Henk Fikkert
HenkF

PreviousNext

Return to COCO (AmsterCHEM)