[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
CAPE-OPEN • View topic - Problems with COCO 3

Problems with COCO 3

Discusses use of COCO, the process simulation and modelling software suite from AmsterCHEM, downloadable from http://www.cocosimulator.org

Moderator: jasper

Re: Problems with COCO 3

Postby jasper » 15 September 2015, 08:21

Look - I am happy with all contributions. Both HenkF's contributions (thank you HenkF) and nrgeng's contributions are welcome. However, I cannot fix a bug that I cannot reproduce, it is as simple as that.
jasper

Postby jasper » 15 September 2015, 08:25

Note that commercial products can also not promise to be bug-free. At best you get a short turn-around time on a fix, but there too holds that the software vendor will need to be able to inspect the problem, and reproduce it.
jasper

Problems with COCO 3 (10)

Postby nrgeng » 17 September 2015, 13:37

Mr. Henk Fikkert,
I choose to report the elephant in the room while others remain silent. My postings are polite with respect to Jasper's contribution to COCO. I am sorry that you take my free discussion of findings on this Forum as rude and demanding. Please quote those passages that were offensive to you in a subsequent posting so that I can see my lack of sensitivity. Somehow you have missed reading my postings of praise for Jasper's work. My goal is to express my feelings and concerns about COCO not to be rude and demanding. I am an engineer not a romance novel writer. Jasper is perfectly capable of objecting to my postings if he feels the necessity.

Thanks for your opinion and your numerous Forum contributions.
nrgeng

Postby jasper » 17 September 2015, 13:50

Not sure which elephant in the room you mean - so far I have not yet had serious bug reports that were not solved in the next day (if reproducible) or heard others state that COCO 3 is worse than COCO 2. Quite the opposite in fact, experiences with COCO 3 are generally better than with COCO 2. And the items you report may or may not be bugs, I cannot tell unless you provide me with sufficient information to reproduce them.
jasper

Re: Problems with COCO 3 (004)

Postby nrgeng » 15 April 2016, 14:42

Problem List COCO 3.0 - 3.1

Submitting a list of accumulated problems for COCO 3.0 - 3.1
Attaching PDF file due to Forum Posting text reproduction problems
CUP update to COFE 3.1.0.5

COCO 3.1.0.5 List 16 Apr 15.pdf
(33 KiB) Downloaded 851 times
nrgeng

Postby jasper » 15 April 2016, 18:33

1) I know that there are some registration problems with the 64 bit CofePrev DLL. I have been unable to reproduce this myself, so far. Would you be willing to provide some feedback over private mail if I ask you for which keys do and do not exist on your machine?

2) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MS_Sans_Serif; use Helvetica or Arial. Default font in formatted is the default GUI font (set by Windows). I could change it to the default COFE flowsheet font (which since 3.1.0.4 is configurable) if you prefer this better. Note, you can paste rich text in this box, so you can format the text in any other application that is more suitable for .... formatting text instead of flowsheeting. I made the dialog larger and the font list wider (CUP)

3) TEA cannot tell you - does not even need to be in a unit. TEA is unaware of units. Apparently the unit deals with it, or the unit would fail. Please note that TEA and COCO as a whole ave been designed not only for simulation, but also for CAPE-OPEN testing. Hence it is once in a while a bit verbose with error and diagnostics info. In general, trouble-shoot a unit if it reports a failure. Note that during solve, COFE solves the log for each unit inside the solve log for the unit. If you must know whether it happened in a unit, save, rename to zip, unzip, find the message in the XML, see whether it is nested in a unit log.

4) Send me an example where it does not work well?

5) make it a bit bigger? The rich text box does the math behind the screen; screen fonts and printer fonts may differ a bit. If all fails, send me an example so that I can look at it.

6b) Depends. Where does the text come from? Are you pasting it from another application?

Are there any problems remaining that relate to solving a flowsheet?
jasper

Re: Problems with COCO 3 (004)

Postby nrgeng » 16 April 2016, 11:43

nrgeng

Postby jasper » 17 April 2016, 07:14

Thank you - please send me an e-mail so that I know which e-mail to contact you at.
jasper

Postby jasper » 28 April 2016, 09:07

Feedback after private mail conversation: a re-registration of COFEPrev64.dll with administrative rights fixed the issue. Why this registration failed during COCO installation remains unclear.
jasper

Problems with COCO 3 {005}

Postby nrgeng » 28 April 2016, 15:14

Error Messages and Custom Unit

Procedure:
Open COFE64 3.1.0.7
Open file CU M-E Test.fsd
Read Warnings on Custom Unit
Edit Custom Unit and Edit/view Stream 'Feed 27'
1) Warning messages (421 temperature out of range) for compounds not used in the simulation. Why?
2) Edit/view Stream 'Feed 27' within Custom Unit provides no stream data.

I am sending an email with the FSD file and three images for your review.
nrgeng

PreviousNext

Return to COCO (AmsterCHEM)