Problems with COCO 3

Discusses use of COCO, the process simulation and modelling software suite from AmsterCHEM, downloadable from http://www.cocosimulator.org

Moderator: jasper

Re: Problems with COCO 3

Postby jasper » 28 April 2016, 20:05

1) the viscosity and thermal conductivity models in TEA calculate the pure values in a routine separate from the mixture routine. This routine is unaware of composition. Not the most efficient, granted.

2) I cannot reproduce this - I see the stream data fine both inside the COFE flowsheet unit and outside. Recipe to reproduce?
jasper

Error Messages and Custom Unit 2a

Postby nrgeng » 28 April 2016, 21:58

Recipe for Item 2 Problem:
Downloaded FSD file from email into Downloads folder
Double-clicked on FSD file in Downloads folder
COFE64 3.1.0.7 opened
Edit/view Stream 'Feed 27'--OK
Open Custom Unit
Edit/view Stream 'Feed 27'--Window shows only partial stream data

NEWS Flash
Restarted computer and was unable to recreate Item 2 Problem.
Possibly a Windows 10 problem?
nrgeng

Postby jasper » 29 April 2016, 05:41

Hard to tell. In general I am unable to state what the cause of a problem is unless I have a clear error message, a crash dump or a recipe to reproduce it.
jasper

Postby jasper » 25 May 2016, 12:28

Post by jasper » 28 April 2016, 10:07
Feedback after private mail conversation: a re-registration of COFEPrev64.dll with administrative rights fixed the issue. Why this registration failed during COCO installation remains unclear.

This issue is fixed now. Unfortunately it is in the installer itself, so I cannot update it with CUP. It will have to wait until the next release. In the mean time manual registration will fix the issue

Code: Select all
regsvr32 COCOPrevHandl64.dll
jasper

Postby iqgustavo » 08 July 2016, 17:28

I have a problem with a file.

I've tried running the file with COFE
I open the file and hit F5 ... sometimes it works, most of the time it crashes.
As shown on the file it has already solved once ...
Sometimes It states "Controller_1284 (3) must be part of a recycle ...(but it already solved before and was green) ... and crashes
Other times it says Controller Vlv.Atemp (2) (2) (1) (1) must be part of a recycle and if you wait five seconds and hit F5 again for 3 more times it crashes
Other times it says Controller Vlv.Atemp (2) (2) (1) must be part of a recycle and if you wait five seconds and hit F5 again for 3 more times it crashes

If you open the file with COFE64 the error also changes and adds one more:
"Controller_1284 must be part of a recycle" ... and crashes the same way

It's quite strange that the error changes every time it crashes even though the file never changes... and it was already solved before ...

I've tryed reinstalling COCO with no luck ... any help?

Best Regards,
Gustavo Valdez.
Attachments
2016-07-07 17.37 ElSaltoBypass.fsd
(60.73 KiB) Downloaded 733 times
iqgustavo

Postby jasper » 09 July 2016, 15:46

The recycle detection is erroneous. This should have lead to a complaint about a specific controller, but the indexing into the unit operation array contained an error, leading to a seemingly random unit operation to be reported, or a crash.

Both items are fixed - thank you for reporting. The fix is available via CUP.
jasper

Postby iqgustavo » 11 July 2016, 16:55

Thank you very much for your quick reply and fix! ... but I big you some sad news =(

I updated and when I try to open a file it says:
GOOOP32 is not properly registered or not accessible. Please make sure GOOOP32.exe is present in the COCO installation folder, and run "GOOOP32.EXE /RegServer" (admin rights required) to fix the problem. COFE x64 will not be able to access 32-bit in-process CAPE-OPEN objects.
I did as instructed and received hundreds of this messages wich were easily bypassed by holding downs de Esc key.
Afterwards I was greeted with a flowsheet without operation units so I restart program.
I am greeted with error "simulation context has not been released; out-standing reference count 6"
Hit F5 ... Failed to solve unit Splitter_1 failed to solve unit Splitter_1: calculate failed for unit Splitter_1: CalcEquilibrium failed. Biblioteca no registrada. (library not registered in spanish)"
Hit F5 ... crashes
Restarted and received ton of errors failing to solve untis and strange messages too many errors
Restarted ... did not open
restarted ... crashed
And a long history of crashes and erratic behaviour ... some times it wouldn't load so I had to go to the task manager to close it to restart it ...
Can you replicate this errors ?

Hope it can be fixed easily ...
iqgustavo

Postby jasper » 12 July 2016, 09:29

GOOOP32 is only required in case you are running a 64 bit COFFE which needs to load a PMC (Process Modelling Client, e.g. thermo system, property package, unit operation) that is only available as x86/win32.

Presuming this is the splitter unit operation - what type is this? A COUSCOUS splitter?

Does the problem go away if you run COFE instead of COFE64?
jasper

Postby iqgustavo » 12 July 2016, 17:30

jasper wrote:GOOOP32 is only required in case you are running a 64 bit COFFE which needs to load a PMC (Process Modelling Client, e.g. thermo system, property package, unit operation) that is only available as x86/win32.

Presuming this is the splitter unit operation - what type is this? A COUSCOUS splitter?

Does the problem go away if you run COFE instead of COFE64?

1. My system is 64bit and the problem occurs when opening the file because it opens COFE 64bits
2. I think its COUSCOUS ... The splitter is a simple mass splitter (in COFE menu Insert>Unit Operation>Mixers & Splitters>Splitter)
Splitter type Is:
CAPE-OPEN 1.0 Unit Operation
CapeVersion = 1.0
ComponentVersion = 3.1.0.0
Description = Splitter - unit operation to split ...
VendorURL = http://www.cocosimulator.org/
CLSID = (33C43C ....
3. I tried using COFE (32) and yes there is no problem on 32bit ... only on 64bit

I will be using the 32bit meanwhile then =) thanks!
iqgustavo

Postby jasper » 13 July 2016, 09:11

Can you run, from a cmd prompt,

regsvr32 COUSCOUS64.dll

This may require administrative rights. Please chdir to the COCO folder first, or use the full path to the DLL.
jasper

PreviousNext

Return to COCO (AmsterCHEM)