Phase information

Discusses use of COCO, the process simulation and modelling software suite from AmsterCHEM, downloadable from http://www.cocosimulator.org

Moderator: jasper

Phase information

Postby HenkF » 13 October 2015, 12:55

Hi Jasper,
Could you please explain what the Phase Information is telling us? Pretty straight forward: it shows Vapor, Liquid and Solid.

I do have a (large) flowsheet available which shows Vapor and Liquid only, no Solids.
As I want to add some solids (bio-wood, inert) to add a wood gasification step, and continue with the old setup, it seems to fail on not having a Solids phase defined, it does not show up on the Phase Information tab info of the Settings. The flowsheet I copied this from did have a Soilds phase identifier at the Phase Information tab.

Is there a way to tackle this and make this additional phase available in my large flowsheet.

Maybe you can tell from this description what to do, otherwise I send you the flowsheets.

Thanks!
Henk
HenkF

Re: Phase information

Postby HenkF » 13 October 2015, 13:20

I found a solution by reloading the property package. It now shows the solid phase.

To be continued!
Henk
HenkF

Re: Phase information

Postby jasper » 14 October 2015, 07:03

Sorry for the delay (I am attending the CAPE-OPEN conference at this point).

In general, COFE will accept any solid imposed by the thermo package.

TEA only supports solids that do not take part in the phase equilibrium (solid-only compounds). Some examples are available in solids.pcd instead of ChemSep1.pcd. Give that a try?
jasper

Return to COCO (AmsterCHEM)