Use of Make-up Mixer Unit

Discusses use of COCO, the process simulation and modelling software suite from AmsterCHEM, downloadable from http://www.cocosimulator.org

Moderator: jasper

Use of Make-up Mixer Unit

Postby nrgeng » 14 May 2017, 15:27

Can you help with a flowsheet situation wherein more of a component is generated than consumed? An fsd has been emailed.

A mechanism is required that will provide the amount of component that is needed while accounting for an excess amount of component. A working mechanism is presented for your review and comment. Can the Warning Message be eliminated by altering the mechanism or should it just be turned off? Is a better mechanism available?

Is this situation due to COCO being a steady-state simulator and as such it cannot accumulate the component?

Thanks for any help.
nrgeng

Re: Use of Make-up Mixer Unit

Postby jasper » 14 May 2017, 22:32

I am not clear on what you want to accomplish. For the make-up mixer, it is expected that the specification is on the recycle flow, but in your example you have connected the recycle port to the stream that does not feed back to the recycle. I am sure you have a reason for it, but I do not understand it from your explanation. Can you elaborate on what you try to accomplish?
jasper

Use of Make-up Mixer Unit {02}

Postby nrgeng » 16 May 2017, 19:12

After reviewing the situation because of your response, the use of the much simpler Splitter Unit was sufficient. The use of the Make-up Mixer Unit was overkill. Sorry for the bother in going off track. Thanks for your help!
nrgeng

Re: Use of Make-up Mixer Unit

Postby jasper » 17 May 2017, 06:36

Glad to hear it works now.
jasper

Return to COCO (AmsterCHEM)