Dynamic setting Flash drum TOP oultet stream MoleFlow

Discusses use of COCO, the process simulation and modelling software suite from AmsterCHEM, downloadable from http://www.cocosimulator.org

Moderator: jasper

Dynamic setting Flash drum TOP oultet stream MoleFlow

Postby ioncube » 23 February 2018, 13:14

I am attaching a screenshot & a case file for twin staged refrigeration cycle. I cannot resolve my issue ...which is detailed below:
The ChemsepFlash_UO is fed with a stream containing vapour as well as liquid phase where vapour phase is to be completely separated. Now if I know vapour fraction & flow in my feed stream how can I modify my case such as the TOP outlet flow from ChemsepFlash_UO is auto-adjusted ...& I don't have to manually input it using ChemSep GUI (added screenshot)
Attachments
PROPANE_REFRIGERATION_LOOP_CHALLENGE_bug.fsd
(33.52 KiB) Downloaded 682 times
_bug.png
_bug.png (17.65 KiB) Viewed 10184 times
ioncube

Re: Dynamic setting Flash drum TOP oultet stream MoleFlow

Postby jasper » 25 February 2018, 12:08

1) double click the column, hit in the chemsep GUI, hit Edit. Select CAPE-OPEN in the tree. Click Show All Options. In variables, add (input) Flash Vapour Flow. Save and close.
2) on the Port page, Port Operations, Add Virtual information port, Input, Flash Vapour Flow
3) hook the new port up to a controller
jasper

Postby ioncube » 25 February 2018, 16:12

Jasper ...I cannot find thanks button inn this forum :D
Attached is the corrected sheet.
My other query is ...what is SCALE parameter in Controller? I cannot find comprehensive literature on it. What if I want convergence to be NOT so accurate ...say an accuracy of 0.01 is acceptable how do I do that?
Attachments
PROPANE_REFRIGERATION_LOOP_CHALLENGE_bug_fixed.fsd
(31.09 KiB) Downloaded 659 times
ioncube

Postby jasper » 26 February 2018, 08:19

Glad it worked out.

Setting the scale to 1e-3 causes a relative error on the measurement to be relative w.r.t. 1/1e-3. So if your rel. tolerance is set to the default of 1e-5, an error of 0.01 would pass (given zero error anywhere else as the norm of the total error vector is tested).

https://www.cocosimulator.org/index_help.php?page=COFE/units.htm (see controllers)
jasper

Postby jasper » 26 February 2018, 08:22

Correction - if you specify scale, the absolute, not the relative, error is scaled.
jasper

Return to COCO (AmsterCHEM)