incomplete stream specification

Discusses use of COCO, the process simulation and modelling software suite from AmsterCHEM, downloadable from http://www.cocosimulator.org

Moderator: jasper

incomplete stream specification

Postby spadeace44 » 30 March 2018, 05:38

This is in the back of the flowsheet. When I enter a new stream with its flow, composition, temp and pressure the MW is not calculated and the
unit op can't be calculated either. It tells me incomplete stream specification. I think it is a small error but I haven't found it.

Dewey Moore, spadeace44@gmail.com
spadeace44

Re: incomplete stream specification

Postby jasper » 31 March 2018, 06:57

For feed stream, please specify all compositions and total flow rate or compound flow rates (you can set them explicitly to zero) and pressure and temperature. Once the stream flashes, you can change the pressure and or temperature specification by clicking on one of the black properties (e.g. overall enthalpy, vapor phase fraction) and re-flash the stream at the new specification.

In your flow sheet, some of the feed compositions remain unspecified. In stream 27(1), these are ethane / propane / butane. In stream 29, most are unspecified. You can right-click one of them and choose "Remaining composition", this will zero out all others.
jasper

Return to COCO (AmsterCHEM)