vp vs temperature plot

Discusses use of COCO, the process simulation and modelling software suite from AmsterCHEM, downloadable from http://www.cocosimulator.org

Moderator: jasper

vp vs temperature plot

Postby aken » 02 January 2019, 07:03

hi. I am plotting vapour pressure as function temperature. I am getting results totally different from Aspen Plus. I then noticed l cannot select liquid on phase and its plotting for phase in overall, and vapour pressure is only for liquids.

kind regards
Akan
Attachments
vp aspen.PNG
vp aspen.PNG (22.08 KiB) Viewed 6427 times
vp multicomponents.fsd
(26.11 KiB) Downloaded 582 times
aken

Re: vp vs temperature plot

Postby jasper » 02 January 2019, 09:17

I am not sure what you are doing in Aspen Plus, but your COFE document contains pure compound properties (not mixture properties) and the property is the temperature dependent vapor pressure correlation for the compound. This is, as a function of temperature, the pressure at which the vapor and the liquid co-exist (so a phase specification does not make sense for this property).

Clearly this property is temperature dependent. You get a better view in COFE if you change the Y axis to logarithmic. The plot that you show below does not make sense for this property - can you double check that you are indeed plotting pure compound vapor pressure?
jasper

Postby aken » 02 January 2019, 10:32

aken

Postby jasper » 02 January 2019, 12:31

Vapor pressure is not defined above the boiling temperature - perhaps this is why the H2 plot seems to have a flat line. Remove H2, set the vertical axis to logarithmic and try again?
jasper

Return to COCO (AmsterCHEM)