bug report

Discusses use of COCO, the process simulation and modelling software suite from AmsterCHEM, downloadable from http://www.cocosimulator.org

Moderator: jasper

bug report

Postby aken » 10 December 2019, 07:25

hi,
I specified the mole fraction of benzene to be 0.9 in distillate and of toluene to be 0.98 in the bottoms, and the system did converge. But once l expose the reflux ratio as output variable in the cape open properties, it converges but with wrong results.
Attachments
bug.fsd
(28.4 KiB) Downloaded 627 times
aken

Re: bug report

Postby jasper » 10 December 2019, 14:31

Quoting Ross Taylor:

I'll agree that there is a bug but this column appears to have been something different in the past.

I confirm that I can get the same results as the poster. But when I open the file and try to solve it as a stand-alone model in ChemSep itself (i.e. NOT using CO properties) I see it has a Liquid-liquid K-value model that had been selected earlier. This is only meaningful for extraction operations so I am unsure why that got set for this case. When I reverted the model to something sensible (DECHEMA, NRTL, Antoine) the column converged to the correct results. Then I switched it back to CO properties and it also converged correctly.

lodeccibmgcgiklh.png
lodeccibmgcgiklh.png (3.82 KiB) Viewed 5744 times

I am unsure why a LL K-value model would lead to the specification being wrongly used, but it is not relevant when a correct model is set.
jasper

Return to COCO (AmsterCHEM)