Missing Input After Parametric Study

Discusses use of COCO, the process simulation and modelling software suite from AmsterCHEM, downloadable from http://www.cocosimulator.org

Moderator: jasper

Missing Input After Parametric Study

Postby nrgeng » 16 May 2020, 12:38

COFE 3.3.0.16

The last input parameter disappears after a Parametric Study is conducted. Given a Parametric Study with three inputs and two outputs: after obtaining the results of the study, one notices that the third input parameter is missing. So to tweak the study, one has to re-input the last parameter's conditions. Please view the Before and After files attached. Can this be fixed so that the last parameter's conditions are preserved for the next study iteration?

Example Files:
Forum#Before Study.png
Forum#After Study.png
Attachments
Forum#Before Study.png
Forum#Before Study.png (94.47 KiB) Viewed 9363 times
Forum#After Study.png
Forum#After Study.png (93.36 KiB) Viewed 9363 times
nrgeng

Re: Missing Input After Parametric Study

Postby jasper » 17 May 2020, 15:23

I cannot reproduce this issue - can you share more details on how to reproduce it?
jasper

Missing Input After Parametric Study 02

Postby nrgeng » 18 May 2020, 15:33

Thanks for checking on my issue. Sorry that you were not able to reproduce it.

I hope that you believe the issue occurs. The COFE Log shows another 'Solved finished' entry and the Window shows an advance of 2 min of time in the Tray.

This issue has been known to me from past work so I was not surprised to encounter it again. I chose to report it this time. This simulation has been recently created so the issue is not particular to it. If we can discount any problem with the operating system, Windows 10 Pro v1909, then the issue exists within COCO unless it is a hardware problem. I just reproduced the issue again today, two days later. Also, the issue was reproduced on my other computer a Core i7 with COFE 3.3.0.18. The issue occurs on every Study attempt for me on both computers.

My procedure was to develop a solved simulation then configure the Parametric Study as the visual evidence shows. I added the three input parameters of interest and the two output parameters in the dialogs. I then clicked OK and the data were displayed on the screen and eventually, all of the runs displayed an OK Status meaning the Study was completed. Then I opened the dialog to change the last parameter's, Hydrogen flow, conditions, and discovered that it had disappeared.

Hope this helps. What other details do you need?
nrgeng

Postby jasper » 21 May 2020, 12:16

I do not see this on my end. Does this happen for all parametric studies, or just for a particular type of parameter? Does this happen only with 3 parameters?
jasper

Missing Input After Parametric Study 03

Postby nrgeng » 21 May 2020, 20:30

COFE 3.3.0.19

This is an issue that I can reproduce, but you cannot. An interesting situation.

Does this happen for all parametric studies?

A1: All parametric studies performed recently have exhibited this issue. It occurs for mole flows so far as reported previously.

Does this happen only with 3 parameters?

A2: I have tried with three and four parameters. Any input parameters beyond two disappear after the study and have to be re-entered to continue the study iterations.

I just created a new simulation from scratch and it reproduces the issue. Maybe it is something that I am doing wrong. Believe me, I want to stop it if it is my error.

I am sending an fsd by email for your review. Just add the third input parameter, Hydrogen mole flow, and click on OK. Try the parameters that I have used, then you can add as many as you like and of every type. The issue occurs for me and I would be very surprised if it did not occur for you. If so, then this may help track down the problem causing the issue.

Thanks for working on this issue.
nrgeng

Postby jasper » 22 May 2020, 09:17

Thank you for your example. Specifically compound mass and molar flows went missing. It is fixed in COFE 3.3.0.20, which is now available via CUP.
jasper

Return to COCO (AmsterCHEM)